Thursday, September 22, 2016

Travel to... Alaska.



Another one of my dream places to visit is Alaska. Who doesn’t love cool weather, wild animals, and lack of people?? Now taking this class I wouldn’t just want to experience all of it, but I would want to record it through pictures. I decided to start looking into some interesting places to stop by and snap a couple shots. I found an article by Casea Peterson on the Only In Your State website (first link) where they went over the 7 best places in Alaska to take pictures. The last one, Brook Falls, with the bears at the salmon run caught my eye.





I also looked up the best dates to go and be able to photograph and according to nps.gov is July, but bears are there from mid spring to mid fall. They also talk about what kind of salmon to look for as well as the bears’ behaviors.

I think this is a must see (and photograph)!

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/alaska/scenic-photography-ak/

https://www.nps.gov/katm/learn/photosmultimedia/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment